Galentine’s Quotes For Your Friends, Because Love Goes Beyond Romance
Honestly, nobody loves you quite like your BFF.
Whether you're celebrating your friends this Valentine's Day because you don't have a significant other, or you just want to take some extra time to brag on social media about how incredible the women in your life are, these Valentine's quotes for friends are perfect for Galentine's Day.
What is Galentine’s Day?
“Oh, it’s only the best day of the year,” according to the incomparable Leslie Knope. If you aren't an avid Parks and Recreation fan, you may not be aware of the origin of Galentine's Day and just how much of an impact Amy Pohler's character Leslie Knope had on this cultural phenomenon. The first reference to Galentine’s Day was in Season 2, Episode 16 of Parks and Recreation in 2010. In the episode, here’s how Pohler’s character describes Galentine’s Day: “Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.”
Even if you haven't seen the show, you’ve have likely experienced the liberating feeling that comes with getting together with a group of your girlfriends to eat some delicious food, chat, and just bask in the glow of your friendship. That's the essence of what Galentine's Day is about — celebrating friendship.
When is Galentine’s Day 2023
Galentine's Day is celebrated on Feb. 13, the day before Valentine’s Day. But, you really can celebrate the special women and friends in your life anytime during the Valentine's Day season. And your Instagram or Facebook page is just the place to share your appreciation of these lovely ladies with the world.
Whether you share a snap of you and your mom squad clicking mimosa glasses during a kid-free brunch or post a throwback photo of your and your BFFs studying in your tiny college dorm room, you'll want to use a caption that really cements your love for your friends. So, if you're in the mood to celebrate a fabulous pal or two this Valentine's Day, go ahead and post one of these lovely quotes that would make Leslie Knope proud.
Funny Galentine’s quotes and captions
- “Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.” — Leslie Knope
- All my single ladies, all my single ladies.
- Who needs a Valentine when you have a Galentine?
- "Uteruses before duderuses. Ovaries before brovaries." — Leslie Knope
- There's nothing better than friends. (Except friends with wine.)
- On Galentine's Day, we wear pink.
- Sisters before misters.
- "If there's a law against friendship, lock me up." — Leslie Knope
- I don't know what's tighter, our jeans or our friendship.
- You're the only one I want to share my discounted Valentine's Day candy with.
- I “donut” know what I'd do without my girlfriends.
- This Galentine's Day, we're #squadgoals.
- “I guess some people object to powerful depictions of awesome ladies.” — Leslie Knope
- Roses are red, violets are blue. These Galentine's girls are my fave, it's true.
- Dear Cupid, please send lots of wine and chocolates to my Galentines.
- “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” — Linda Grayson
- Me and my best friends can communication with just facial expressions.
- “True friendship is hating on everything together.” — Violet Benson
- When you have friends who are as weird as you, then you have everything.
- “You poetic, noble, land mermaid.” — Leslie Knope
- “I love you so much. I hate everyone that isn’t you.” — Lena Dunham
- “Sometimes me think, ‘What is friend?’ Then me say, ‘Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.’” — Cookie Monster
- “You are the most beautiful, glowing, sun-goddess ever.” — Leslie Knope
- “Friendship is a wildly underrated medication.” —Anna Deavere Smith
Sentimental Galentine’s quotes for friends
- Love is beautiful, but friendship is better.
- "I don’t know what I would have done so many times in my life if I hadn’t had my girlfriends." — Reese Witherspoon
- "Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years." — Richard Bach
- "Words are easy, like the wind; faithful friends are hard to find." — William Shakespeare
- "Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they’re always there." — Christy Evans
- "I have learned that friendship isn't about who you've known the longest, it's about who came and never left your side." — Yolanda Hadid
- Friendship is just another word for love.
- A girl can survive without a boyfriend, but she can't survive without her best friend.
- Friends are the family you choose.
- “The love that comes from friendship is the underlying facet of a happy life.” — Chelsea Handler
- “Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them.” — Anna Taylor
- “Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.” – Jean de La Fontaine
- “Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world.” — John Evelyn
- Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they’re there.
- “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Friendship is certainly the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love.” — Jane Austen
- “The best part about having true friends is that you can go months without seeing them and they'll still be there for you and act as if you'd never left.” — Ariana Grande
- “We are friends for life. When we're together the years fall away. Isn't that what matters? To have someone who can remember with you? To have someone who remembers how far you've come?” ― Judy Blume
- “A friend who understands your tears is much more valuable than a lot of friends who only know your smile.” — Sushan R. Sharma
Thoughtful quotes about your Galentines
- "True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style." — Nicole Richie
- "Friendships between women, as any woman will tell you, are built of a thousand small kindnesses... swapped back and forth and over again." – Michelle Obama
- "Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down." — Oprah Winfrey
- "There’s nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing." — Jennifer Aniston
- "A good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have." — Irish Proverb
- "Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art. It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival." — C.S. Lewis
- "Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." Muhammad Ali
- "Women's friendships are like a renewable source of power." — Jane Fonda
- "In the cookie of life, friends are chocolate chips." — Salman Rushdie
- "A friend is a gift you give yourself." — Robert Louis Stevenson
- “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” — Helen Keller
- “A friend knows the song in in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.” — Donna Roberts
- “It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” — Marlene Dietrich
- “Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” — Misty Copeland
- “Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.” — Charles Lamb
- “A friend is someone you want to be around when you feel like being alone.” — Barbara Burrow
- “The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends.” – Gwyneth Paltrow
- “A friend is someone who makes it easy to believe in yourself.” – Heidi Wills
- “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates, and guys are just people to have fun with.” — Sex and the City
Galentine’s Day quotes for your sister
- “You're not my best friend. You're my sister, and that's more.” ― Jenny Han
- “Sisters make the best friends in the world.” — Marilyn Monroe
- “A sister is a dearest friend, a closest enemy, and an angel at the time of need.” ― Debasish Mridha
- “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves—a special kind of double.” — Toni Morrison
- “Acquaintances were always on their best behavior, but sisters loved each other enough to say anything.” ― Lauren Weisberger
- “What are sisters for if not to point out the things the rest of the world is too polite to mention.” — Claire Cook
- “Sisters are supposed to be people you’re close to, aren’t they. You may not like them much, but you’re still close to them.” – Kazuo Ishiguro
- “We shared a room, you stole my toys, and then my clothes, but best friends we became.” — Catherine Pulsifer
Galentine’s Day quotes and caption ideas for your BFF
- Bestie time is the best time.
- A good friend knows all your stories. A best friend helped you create them.
- “She’s my friend because we both know what it’s like for people to be jealous of us.” — Cher Horowitz, Clueless
- “A true friend is someone who never gets tired of listening to your pointless dramas over and over again.” – Lauren Conrad
- Best friends are hard to find because the very best one is already mine.
- “It's not that diamonds are a girl's best friend, but it's your best friends who are your diamonds.” — Gina Barreca
- “You are awesome and everyone else sucks.” — April Ludgate
- My best friends are like fairy tales. They’ve been there since once upon a time and will be there until forever after.
- Friends buy your lunch. Best friends eat your lunch.
- “When you meet your best friend in real life … you just know it, and you feel it.” — Lili Reinhart
- “I like you and I love you.” — Leslie Knope
Whether you get to gather with your best gal pals in-person or just text them one of these fun Galentine’s Day quotes, Feb. 13 is the perfect time to show your appreciation for all of the fierce female friendships in your life.
This article was originally published on