55 Silly Halloween Puns You’ll Secretly Love
It’s the most boo-tiful time of the year, and you know what that means? Time to break out the scary — OK, mostly silly — puns. As ubiquitous as ghost costumes, spooky Halloween puns come crawling out of the woodwork every season. But do you have the latest holiday puns on lock? Here are some to sink your teeth into.
From generally festive plays on words to Halloween love puns, there are almost too many to choose from this October. If you want to really eat, drink, and be scary, arm yourself with these clever and cringe-worthy spooktacular Halloween puns for kids and adults that are imaginative, festive, and fun.
General spooky puns
Halloween is a time to be silly, and there’s no better way to be silly than by throwing out the odd pun now and again. Need some inspiration? Here are some Halloween puns to lift your spirits (get it?).
- "Life is gourd."
- "Frankly, I don't think I'm that scary."
- "A scare is born."
- "Mummy of the year."
- "Happy Howl-oween."
- "Too cute to spook."
- "Howl you doin'?"
- "Oh my gourd!"
- “Mummies get such a bad wrap.”
- "Trick or treat yo' self."
- "Come as you aren't."
- "Don't be a jerk-o-lantern."
- “Creep it real.”
Ghost “boo” puns for Halloween
Ghosts are the quintessential Halloween character, so naturally ghost talk is going to come up on October 31. Arm yourself with these ghostly puns.
- "Shake your boo-ty!"
- "Demons are a ghoul’s best friend."
- "The ghostess with the mostest."
- "Haunting my exes."
- "Hey boo-tiful."
- "Romeo and Ghouliet."
- “You look faboo-lous.”
- “Just boo it.”
- “Ghouls just want to have fun.”
- “Where my ghouls at?”
Halloween drink puns for adults
Having more of a 21+ kind of Halloween? These drinking puns will have you pouring you and your friends more witches brew all night long.
- “Trick or tequila.”
- "Hey boo, let's get sheet-faced."
- “It’s Franken-wine o’clock somewhere.”
- "Drink up, witches."
- "I'm here for the boos."
- “One grim and tonic please.”
- “Would you like a ghoul-d fashioned, ne-groan-i, or man-haunt-tan?”
- “Let’s get pumpkin smashed.”
Vampire puns for Halloween
Vampires make for great puns. Exhi-bite A: Muuuuhahaha.
- “Have a fang-tastic Halloween”
- “Being a vampire is such a pain in the neck.”
- “You’re just not my blood type.”
- "Love at first bite."
- "Fangs for the memories."
- "So long, sucker."
- “Baby, now we’ve got bad blood.”
- “Fang you very much.”
- “My costume sucks.”
Witch puns for Halloween
If you aspire to Eagles greatness with a “Witchy Woman” level pun, then, by all means, take a look at these and write them down in your spell book for use come All Hallows Eve.
- “Witch way to the party?”
- “Witch, please.”
- “100% that witch.”
- “Son of a witch!”
- “If the broom fits…”
- “You’re brewtiful.”
- “Witches use spell check.”
- “Basic witch.”
- “Embalm and Carry On.”
- “Get me the hex out of here.”
- “Feeling witch and famous.”
- “Spell yeah!”
When in doubt, use a festive pun to get everyone in the holiday mood or even accompany a ghoulish IG post. Ready to freak out your fam with these puns? Go knock ‘em dead.
This article was originally published on