These Sweet Grandparent's Day Quotes Are Everything You Want To Say
Who’s better than grandma and grandpa? Nobody.
Grandparents are often more than just close relatives: they can act as a friend and even as a second mother or father. Spending time with them gives you that feeling of childhood warmth and innocence no matter how old you are. In other words, they’re really, really special. That’s exactly why you don’t want to miss out on National Grandparents Day. While the holiday may not garner as much attention as Mother’s Day or Father’s Day, it’s still the perfect opportunity to shower your grandparents with love in the form of gifts and extended visits. The absolute least you can do for them is to buy them a nice card, and use a heartwarming quote for National Grandparents Day inside of it to show them how much you care. Or even just use a quote in a social media post dedicated to them.
Sharing some sentimental and sweet quotes about grandparents might only take you a few moments, but it’s something that could end up meaning the world to your grandparents. If they go out of their way to make you feel like one of the most special people in the world, then they deserve a moment to feel that way too. You can opt for something sappy that might just bring tears to their eyes (and yours) or you can go for something more funny that will give them a good laugh. This year, acknowledge National Grandparents Day by using one of these grandparent quotes for a card or an Instagram post to celebrate your grandparents (or your children’s grandparents).
Sentimental quotes about grandparents
- "You are the sun, Grandma, you are the sun in my life." — Kitty Tsui
- "Grandpas always have time for you when everyone else is too busy." — Unknown
- "There is nothing more wonderful than the love and guidance a grandparent can give his or her grandchild." — Edward Fays
- "Every house needs a grandmother in it." — Louisa May Alcott
- "A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween." — Emma Bombeck
- "Because [grandparents] are usually free to love and guide and befriend the young without having to take daily responsibility for them, they can often reach out past pride and fear of failure and close the space between generations." — President Jimmy Carter
- “Grandma and Grandpa, tell me a story and snuggle me with your love. When I'm in your arms, the world seems small and we're blessed by the heavens above." — Laura Spiess
- "Going to see my grandparents was the highlight of my childhood summers. I was doted upon, admired, entertained, and overfed. I was never more content and happy." — Carolyn Anthony
- “Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child's growth as vitamins.” — Joyce Allston
- A grandparent is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend.
- “Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.” — Alex Haley
- “Everyone needs to have access both to grandparents and grandchildren in order to be a full human being.” — Margaret Mead
- “Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete.” — Marcy DeMaree
- “If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.” — Italian proverb
- “A child needs a grandparent, anybody’s grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world.” — Charles and Ann Morse
- Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting.
- “Sometimes our grandmas and grandpas are like grand-angels.” — Lexie Saige
- “When it seems the world can’t understand, your grandmother’s there to hold your hand.” — Joyce K. Allen Logan
- “Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild or a grandparent.” — Donald A. Norberg
- “Unconditional positive regard is rarely given by anyone except a grandparent.” — Anonymous
- “The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent.” — Sam Levenson
- “One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather.” — Joy Hargrove
- A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart.
- Grandparents are the perfect blend of love, laughter, and happy memories.
- “A grandparent is old on the outside but young on the inside.” — Author Unknown
- “No one… who has not known that inestimable privilege can possibly realize what good fortune it is to grow up in a home where there are grandparents.” — Suzanne La Follette
- “Grandma and Grandpa, tell me a story and snuggle me with your love. When I’m in your arms, the world seems small and we’re blessed by the heavens above.” — Laura Spiess
- “A grandmother is a safe haven.” — Suzette Haden Elgin
Funny quotes about grandparents
- "Grandparents are the best kind of grownups." — Unknown
- "Parents know a lot but grandparents know everything." — Unknown
- "They say genes skip generations. Maybe that's why grandparents find their grandchildren so likeable." — Joan McIntosh'
- “As I learned from growing up, you don’t mess with your grandmother.” — Prince William .
- “If grandmas hadn’t existed, kids would have inevitably invented them.” - Arthur Kornhaber
- I'm not spoiled. I'm just well taken care of by my grandparents.
- “Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven't thought of yet.” — Gene Perret
- Grandparents are parents, but with more sleep, fewer rules, and an endless supply of cookies.
- There’s no place like home... except grandma’s.
- “No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet.” — Unknown
- “Grandchildren are God’s way of compensating us for growing old.” — Mary H. Waldrip
- “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.” — Ogden Nash
- “Children brought up by their grandparents are generally spoiled.” — Spanish Proverb
- “Why do grandparents and grandchildren get along so well? They have the same enemy —the mother.” — Claudette Colbert
- Grandparents — so easy to operate, even a child can do it.
- If I had known grandkids were so much fun, I would have had them first.
- “You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother.” — Proverb
Remember: as great as these quotes are, the best way to spend National Grandparents Day is to see them in person. If possible, hand deliver their card to them. They’ll appreciate it more than you know.
This article was originally published on