Let's Hear It For The Boys
Celebrate National Sons Day With These 65 Instagram Captions
Because you really love your little guy(s).
If you listen to the age-old rhyme, you’ll know that supposedly boys are made of “snips and snails and puppy dogs’ tails,” which is a horrifying image, to be honest. In reality, raising boys is so much fun, like the way they can simultaneously be a muddy, sweaty, noisy mess and a soulful, radiant ball of sunshine as they hand you a just-picked flower. These cute and clever National Sons Day Instagram captions will help you find the perfect words to celebrate your boy (or boys) for all the sugar, spice, and everything nice they have inside, whether you’re a fan of quotes about sons, song lyrics, or simple phrases.
National Sons Day falls on March 4 each year, and it’s the perfect opportunity to celebrate all there is to love about parenting boys. Whether you want to post something sweet, poignant, or silly in honor of your kid, these Instagram captions for National Sons Day can provide a bit of inspiration if you need it.
Sentimental Instagram captions for National Sons Day
Does thinking about your baby boy for too long make you a little teary-eyed? If you’re the sentimental type, lean in all the way when choosing a caption that will speak to you.
- Son, you will outgrow my lap, but never my heart.
- My boys make sure my hands are full, but my heart is fuller.
- So there’s this boy. He kind of stole my heart. He calls me mom.
- Sons will grow into men and grow out of their toys, but in the hearts of their mothers, they are always their little boys.
- You’ve had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born.
- To the boy with the most adventurous spirit, today is a day to celebrate all that you are and all that you will become.
- Sons bring unimaginable joy to a mother’s life.
- A son is love that lasts a lifetime.
- Outnumbered by boys, but surrounded by love.
- My little boy yesterday. My best friend today. My son forever.
- His little hands stole my heart and his little feet ran away with it.
- The thing I am most thankful for in life is being a mom of boys.
- The sweetest sound I ever heard was his little voice saying, “Mama.”
Sweet & simple Instagram captions for National Sons Day
If you’re not a person of many words, just a simple phrase acknowledging the special day will do. These National Sons Day captions would also make the perfect sign-off if you’re not sure how to finish out your message.
- Happy National Sons Day to my boys!
- Celebrating my son today and all days.
- Wishing my boy a happy National Sons Day!
- Raising a son is my greatest joy.
- Home is where my boys are.
- It is such an honor to raise my son.
- My son is the most amazing human.
- Life is better with boys.
- I am blessed beyond measure to have a son.
- Proud #boymom.
Funny Instagram captions for National Sons Day
If your kid gives you a big old eye roll whenever you get too mushy, opt for a lighthearted caption that reflects your relationship. For every sweet moment about raising a boy, there’s a hilarious memory too.
- If it weren’t for my son, my life would be so boring.
- I would tell my son “Happy National Sons Day” today, but he’d just roll his eyes at me, so I’ll say it here instead.
- Boy Mom; like a regular mom, but messier.
- Happy National Sons Day to the coolest guy in our crew.
- I’m a mom of boys. Nothing scares me.
- Moms of boys work from son up to son down.
- You think dads are protective of their little girls? Just try a mom with a little boy.
- I really had no idea what I signed up for when I became a #boymom.
- Boys: You might think they’re less drama than girls, but they’re harder to keep alive.
- Thanks to my son, my entire world is coffee and chaos. (But I wouldn’t have it any other way.)
- Boy, n.: Noise with dirt on it.
- My friend asked what it was like to live in a house full of boys, so I peed on her bathroom floor, ate everything in her fridge, told her 800 stories about Minecraft, farted 20 times, and when she was ready to kill me, I gave her a hug and told her she was pretty.
Quotes for National Sons Day Instagram captions
The pros are the pros for a reason. These quotes from authors and poets definitely capture the special moments of parenting a boy, and would make the perfect addition to a little collage of your favorite photos of your baby.
- “A man ain’t nothing but a man. But a son? Well, now, that’s somebody.” — Toni Morrison
- “A boy is a magical creature — you can lock him out of your workshop, but you can't lock him out of your heart.” — Allan Beck
- “Our sons grow and change, sometimes before our eyes, and we can barely keep up with their active, inquisitive natures.” — Dr. Gregory L. Jantz
- “He doesn't know you're watching him, but in this special, reflective moment, you realize he's growing up.” — Robert Lewis
- “I have a son, who is my heart. A wonderful young man, daring and loving and strong and kind.” — Maya Angelou
- “And she loved a little boy very much, even more than she loved herself.” — Shel Silverstein, The Giving Tree
- “I live for my sons. I would be lost without them.” — Princess Diana
- “The most important mark I will leave on this world is my son.” — Sarah Shahi
- “Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged.” — Louisa May Alcott
- “A small son can charm himself into, and out of, most things.” — Jenny De Vries
- “As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen.” — Winnie the Pooh
- “A boy’s story is the best that is ever told.” — Charles Dickens
- “There is an enduring tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart.” — Washington Irving
- “Of all the animals, the boy is the most unmanageable.” — Plato
- “You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes.” — Wally Schirra
- “The only man who has stolen my heart is my son.” — Sandra Bullock
- “A boy’s best friend is his mother.” — Joe Stefano
- “Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life.” — Sophocles
- “To be a mother of a son is one of the most important things you can do to change the world. Raise them to respect women, raise them to stand up for others, raise them to be kind.” — Shannon L. Alder
- “Heaven on Earth is looking at my little boy.” — Jenny McCarthy
- “Raising boys has made me a more generous woman than I really am.” — Mary Kay Blakely
Song lyrics for National Sons Day Instagram Captions
Songs can become special between you and your son in lots of ways — you might sing him the same lullaby each night, or jam to the same tunes after school each day. If you’re looking for a song that has lyrics about the love between a parent and their kid, these ones will do nicely.
- “Be a simple kind of man. Oh, be something you love and understand. Baby, be a simple kind of man. Oh, won’t you do this for me son, if you can?” — Lynyrd Skynyrd, “Simple Man”
- “I've seen the dark side too. When the night falls on you, you don't know what to do, nothing you confess could make me love you less. I'll stand by you.” — The Pretenders, “I’ll Stand By You”
- “When you need me call my name, ‘cause without you my life just wouldn't be the same. If you want me, come sunny skies or rain, when you need me just call my name.” — Bruce Springsteen, “When You Need Me”
- “Boy, you're gonna know it all. You'll think you're ten feet tall. And run like you’re bulletproof, and total a car or two.” — Lee Brice, “Boy”
- “You don't need directions, you know which way to go. And I don’t want to hold you back, I just want to watch you grow. You’re the one who taught me you don’t have to look behind. Oh, yes, sweet darling, so glad you are a child of mine.” — Carole King, “Child of Mine”
- “Before you cross the street, take my hand. Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy.” — John Lennon, “Beautiful Boy”
- “Son, in life you're gonna go far. If you do it right you'll love where you are. Just know that wherever you go, you can always come home.” — Jason Mraz, “93 Million Miles”
- “Every morning when you wake up, I want to hold you, I just need to be wrapped around you. It’s kinda funny when you think that you just got here. Now I know I can't live without you.” —Shakira, “The One Thing”
- “The first time ever I saw your face, I thought the sun rose in your eyes. And the moon and the stars were the gifts you gave to the dark and the endless skies.” — Roberta Flack, “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face”
- “Just the two of us, we can make it if we try. Just the two of us, building castles in the sky. Just the two of us, you and I.” — Bill Withers and Grover Washington, Jr., “Just the Two of Us”
Whether you post a professional family photo or a silly selfie with your boy, at least now you don’t have to worry about what to pop into the caption box. Happy posting, and give your little guy some extra love today.
This article was originally published on