The 6 Best Easy-To-Clean High Chairs, According To Reviewers
We only recommend products we love and that we think you will, too. We may receive a portion of sales from products purchased from this article, which was written by our Commerce team.
When you're dealing with a tiny human who hasn't quite mastered the art of eating, a high chair that's a breeze to clean is an invaluable asset. When you're shopping, keep in mind that the best easy-to-clean high chairs are made with materials that can be wiped with a damp cloth, like wood, vinyl, and leatherette, and they have detachable trays that can be put in the dishwasher. Plus, many of them have removable seat pads and straps that can be machine washed.
What To Consider When Shopping For The Best Easy-To-Clean High Chairs
As you're shopping, you’ll want to keep the following in mind:
- Removable parts: A high chair that has removable parts is crucial to the cleaning process, making it significantly easier to reach tight corners where crumbs might be hiding. Plus, a detachable, dishwasher-safe tray will speed up the amount of time you spend on post-meal cleanup.
- Ease of wiping: While many seat pads and straps are detachable and machine-washable, it's worth looking for materials that are easy to wipe clean in between laundry days like leatherette, vinyl, and wood. Another piece of advice: Steer clear of chairs that have lots of nooks and crannies where food can get stuck in tiny corners. (Been there, had the sore fingers from scrubbing to prove it.)
- Versatility: Wheels can make it easy to roll the chair right up to the kitchen table — and they lock when you need them too — while a foldable design lets you store it out of the way in between meal times, which is perfect for kitchens and dining rooms that are tight on space. And since babies grow quickly, you may also want to consider a chair with height-adjustable settings, or one that transforms into a toddler booster seat. (And for the ultimate return on investment, you might even opt for a high chair that shape-shifts its way into an adult-size chair.)
Below, I’ve rounded up the best easy-to-clean high chairs that'll make mealtime — and post mealtime cleanup — a cinch.
Shop The Best Easy-To-Clean High Chairs
In a hurry? These are the best easy-to-clean high chairs:
- The Overall Best: Ingenuity SmartClean Trio Elite High Chair
- The Runner-Up: Graco Blossom 6-in-1 Convertible High Chair
- A Budget-Friendly Foldable Chair: Baby Trend Sit Right High Chair
- A Wooden High Chair That Grows With Baby: Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair
- A Modern High Chair With Adjustable Footrests: HM-Tech Baby High Chair
- A Design-Forward High Chair With Easy-To-Clean Surfaces: Stokke Clikk High Chair
1. The Overall Best
- Also available on Bed Bath & Beyond, $109
If you’re looking for a reasonable price and great features, the Ingenuity SmartClean high chair is your best bet. This pick is versatile, with a chair insert that doubles as a booster seat and a base that doubles as a little kid chair. Plus, it's easy to wipe clean and boasts a removable and dishwasher-safe tray, as well as a detachable leatherette seat and straps that can be machine-washed. The wheels let you pull it up to the table, and since the back two lock, the chair will stay securely in place. The only drawbacks? It can only be reclined into two positions, it doesn't fold up, and it's not height-adjustable.
According to one reviewer: “Love this highchair! It is so easy to clean. It rolls around so I can just roll it to the sink to clean it. Highly recommend!”
- Available colors and designs: 6
Weight limit: 50 pounds | Wheels? Yes | Height-adjustable? No | Foldable? No
2. The Runner-Up
- Also available on Walmart, $200
A hit with reviewers, the super versatile Graco Blossom high chair has more than 11,000 reviews and has earned a rare 4.8-star overall rating, but it does cost a bit more than the top pick. The removable tray is dishwasher-safe, and the removable leatherette seat pad and cloths straps are machine-washable and easy to wipe clean between laundry days, too. The chair boasts six adjustable height settings and three reclining positions, as well as wheels that lock in place, so you can bring it right up to the table. Plus, this non-foldable option is designed to keep up with your child as they grow: It comes with a booster seat that can be strapped to an adult chair, and the chair insert can be removed so that the base can be used as an elevated chair for kids up to 40 pounds.
According to one reviewer: “We’ve had the high chair for a month or two and it’s great. Love that it has wheels because it’s fun to scoot my 10mo around to make meal time extra fun. Everything has been easy to wipe down and clean. We only use the large tray. It’s easy to pop off each time and wipe down.”
- Available colors and designs: 7
Weight limit: 40 pounds (high chair), 60 pounds (booster seat) | Wheels? Yes | Height-adjustable? Yes | Foldable? No
3. A Budget-Friendly Foldable High Chair
- Also available on Walmart, $60
This foldable high chair is a budget-friendly option that's garnered more than 4,000 reviews and an impressive 4.7-star rating overall. Made from durable plastic and steel that's easy to wipe clean, it features a removable and dishwasher-safe tray, plus a removable seat pad and straps that can be machine washed. There are six adjustable height levels, and the seat that can be reclined in three positions, but there are no wheels. And although it's a space-saving portable option that folds down, reviewers are pleased with how sturdy it is.
According to one reviewer: “I was warned to not buy something that was difficult to clean and I am so happy I went with this Baby Trend High chair. I love that it’s padded, but still wipes clean so easily after meals. I throw the cover in the wash about once a week and it comes out looking brand new. It’s lightweight too so easy to move and fold.”
- Available colors and designs: 1
Weight limit: 40 pounds | Wheels? No | Height-adjustable? Yes | Foldable? Yes
4. A Wooden High Chair That Grows With Baby
Another highly rated option, this high chair is the priciest item on the list, but your baby will be able to use it from 6 months all the way to adulthood (really), making it a worthy investment. Made from sustainably harvested beech wood, it features a footrest and seat that are both height-adjustable (but not recline-adjustable), and once your toddler becomes a big kid, the foot rest transforms into the seat of an adult-size chair that can withstand up to 250 pounds. The tray cover is removable and dishwasher-safe, and the wooden surfaces are easy to wipe clean, as is the seat cushion, which is made from waterproof and stain-resistant vinyl. Two downsides: There are no wheels, so it's a little less portable, and it doesn't fold for storage.
According to one reviewer: “This is the high chair I have been searching for! So easy to clean, nice to look at and easy to move to and from the table.”
- Available colors: 5
Weight limit: 250 pounds (adult chair), high chair weight limit not specified | Wheels? No | Height-adjustable? Yes | Foldable? No
5. A Modern High Chair With Adjustable Footrests
Made from natural beech wood that's easy to wipe clean, this high chair boasts a sleek, minimalist design, and the leatherette seat pad and straps can be removed and machine-washed — although it's easy to wipe with a cloth, too. It features two removable and dishwasher-safe trays that nest on top of each other, so you'll always have a clean one on hand. The footrests can be removed as your child grows, and you can also lower the legs, so your child can use it as a kid-sized chair. Keep in mind, though, that the seat itself is not adjustable, it doesn't fold down, and there are no wheels.
According to one reviewer: “We were looking for just a regular high chair that safely secures the baby and is comfortable for her and easy to clean. [...] It has multiple height adjustments which provides an impressive height range. Very easy to adjust between levels and feels very solid at each height. Wheels roll and lock smoothly and the legs extend long enough to be secure, yet you’re not tripping over them when walking around it. Cushions feel nice and comfy for the baby and food easily wipes off.”
- Available colors: 5
Weight limit: 35 pounds (high chair), 60 pounds (with legs lowered) | Wheels? No | Height-adjustable? No | Foldable? No
6. A Design-Forward High Chair With Easy-To-Clean Surfaces
If you prefer not to deal with machine-washing seat pads, check out this Stokke high chair made from easy-to-wipe-clean wood and plastic. The tray is removable and dishwasher-safe, and the harness is detachable and can be machine washed after particularly messy feedings. The foot plates are adjustable and the wide curves of the chair mean crumbs won't get lost in any tight corners. Plus, this option comes in design-conscious colors like clover green, sunny coral, and cloud gray. The only downsides? No seat adjustments and no wheels.
According to one reviewer: “I love this high-chair! It’s easy to clean. The tray can go in the dishwasher. It’s very sturdy and looks cute. Baby seems very secure in the seat and the straps are machine washable."
Weight limit: Not listed, but manufacturer recommends for children up to 3 years | Wheels? No | Height-adjustable? No | Foldable? No
This article was originally published on